After lightly spraying a mask with the Face Mask Sanitiser, the water element quickly evaporates and leaves a molecularly thin synthetic protein layer. This layer is invisible and firmly attached to the mask. When the virus lands on the surface, it sticks to the protein and is deactivated, becoming harmless. People wearing a treated mask won’t inhale any virus particles or the synthetic protein, and it’ll also stop the spread droplets outwards.
On untreated masks and phones, the virus can still survive on the surface. This product has been tested at the Hospital Infection Research Laboratory in Birmingham for its activity as a surface disinfectant (quantative suspension test EN1276). Under clean and dirty conditions, it achieved a 99.999% reduction with all test organisms in less than 1 minute but with the safety advantage of being non-hazardous and non-toxic.